In-House Group Training
Eleni offers one-hour, half-day, one-day and two-day In-House Group Trainings to companies both large (General Motors, Borg Warner Automotive) and small (Disability Rights Coalition of Michigan; Dynamic Edge). Working with your team members at your facility, Eleni provides the following training options:
Be Here and Be Heard: Think Like an Actor, Present Like a Pro
To stand out and move your business forward during these challenging times, it’s essential that you be able to pitch your product or service with confidence and clarity—whether you’re speaking to one person, or one thousand. To that end, this training segment features presentation techniques to help you speak fearlessly, memorably and persuasively, igniting what Eleni calls your Transformational Presence. At the end of the day, attendees will deliver a short prepared presentation in front of the assembled group. Eleni will work with them to finesse their presentation and acquire a deeper understanding of their strengths and liabilities as presenters and communicators. And, in the tradition of great theatre training, the lessons and insights of those presenting will inform and educate those observing.
- “We’re Going to Disneyland”: How to structure an effective presentation
- The fundamentals of Transformational Presence
- Getting if off the page --Practice/preparation techniques to increase confidence and connection.
- Taming the Fear Factor: How to minimize and manage performance anxiety (Breathing and Relaxation basics)
- How and why to create an individualized “Presentation Preparation Toolkit”
- Techniques to increase audience interaction, attention and buy-in
(Offered as a Half Day, One Day or Two-Day Session. Note: Two Day session includes “Tips and Tools to Tame the Power Point Monster” segment).
Taming the Power Point Monster
Technology (especially Power Point Slide software) has invaded our presentations in a big way, often overshadowing the actual presenter. It’s time to Tame the Power Point Monster and to put the presenter front and center, where she belongs!
This training provides tools and techniques to make power point slide presentations—and technology in general-- work for and not against you. Participants will prepare and present a short Power Point/slide presentation, which will be thoroughly critiqued and evaluated.
- Tools and Techniques to shape and create a memorable and powerful Power Point presentation
- Why less really is more.
- Technology etiquette and best practices
- How to make charts and numbers palatable and memorable.
- How to use visuals to make presentation come alive
Think Like an Actor, Communicate Like a leader: Theatre Tools and Techniques to Help you Communicate with Confidence, Clarity and Impact.
Great actors and great business leaders have much in common. They elicit trust, listen well, speak with intention, act with humility, and lead out in word and deed with congruence and consistency. They thrive in – and encourage within their work environment-- an atmosphere of creativity, openness, mutual respect and trust. They know that the secret to powerful, memorable and effective communication lies in fearlessly bringing their authentic, human selves to their words and actions-- one moment and one person at a time. To this end, they train continuously and diligently to develop their ability to listen and to speak in ways that help them (and their colleagues) feel truly seen and heard. They actively embody the central philophophy of Eleni's practice, Transformational Presence.
This training is intended for business leaders who want to catalyze their own Transformational Presence, developing a more human, respectful and supportive workplace culture through effective, authentic communication with their colleagues and team members. There will be numerous interactive exercises designed to catalyze insight and encourage participants to think, feel and act in fresh new ways.
Attendees will learn:
- How and why to ignite and embrace your Transformational Presence
- The 5 commandments of great communicators and leaders (Know Thyself; Be Thyself, Prepare thyself, Commit Thyself, Turn Thyself on So You Can Turn Others On)
- Techniques for “right listening” and “right speaking.”
- Why, how and when to implement Breathing and Relaxation Techniques (BRT).
- How to give and get “critique” rather than “criticism.”
- Simple techniques to help men and women hear each other with less friction and more understanding (yes, there are gender differences!).
Crafting and Telling a Story that Sells: Storytelling Techniques for More Persuasive Power
Human beings have been telling stories since we could grunt, gesture and scribble pictures on the walls of our caves. It’s in our nature (and in the way our brains are structured) to put our experiences into words and use those stories to entertain, instruct and persuade others. The fact is, people remember a story that has moved and engaged them long after they remember a fact or figure. In a world glutted with products and services, stories are the way we help to contextualize and differentiate what we’re selling so that it stands out from all the rest.
In this interactive training segment, Eleni will demonstrate and explain the value and the method of creating and delivering a story that can help make a service, product or presentation significantly more memorable and engaging. She’ll share her own story, modeling the very tools and techniques that she’ll then deconstruct and teach. Participants will present a story of their own, and receive guidance in shaping and delivering it story so that it stands out and shines.
- The 9 Essential Building Blocks of Stellar Story Structure
- The fundamentals of Transformational Presence
- 10 Ways to Tell a Story Better so it Sticks and Sells
- The Power of Emotional Engagement
- How to Capture, Practice and Perfect Your Story
Flying by the Seat of Your Pants: Improvisation Techniques for Business Leaders.
Our world and our work are filled with unpredictable moments: Potential clients lob mind-bending questions at us when we’re least prepared; the slide projector dies in the middle of a presentation; and audience members interrupt us when we least expect it. Our ability to improvise in a nimble manner, to speak and act quickly and decisively on the fly, can allow us make the best of an unexpected situation. Being fully and genuinely in the moment is neccesary if you want to sell better, lead better and speak better... and it's a vital element of Transformational Presence, Eleni's defining philosophy.
This fun, extremely interactive training segment uses traditional Improvisational techniques and exercises to encourage you to leap fearlessly and gleefully into the moment, and to make, trust and act upon quick, strong choices. The exercises encourage you to step fully into the moment and creatively solve the task at hand. Glee abounds, energy soars, laughter rocks the house, comfort zones are breached, and confidence is built. And working together with others towards a desired outcome encourages a greater degree of flexibility, patience and communication between team members.
- The Building Blocks of Improvisation
- Finding Freedom in the Form: Why structure matters
- Diving in with Gusto: The Power of a Strong Choice
- Trust and the Group Dynamic: Giving over for Greater Impact and Greater Engagement
STOP PLAYING SMALL! Standing Out as a Woman of Power, in Body, Word and Deed
As women in business, it’s in our best interest to lead out with power, passion and conviction—to stand up for what we believe and stand out in all our magnificence. Instead, and all too often, we shrink to fit, capitulate when challenged, apologize for our strengths and abilities and diminish our unique voice. It’s time to take charge, take action and stop playing small! This one hour session will teach attendees practical presentation and communication techniques to help them do just that, so that they can be perceived as the women of power they are.
Attendees will learn:
- 10 Ways to stand and be perceived with more authority and impact
- How gender affects listening and communication and how to make it work for you
- How to use your voice, words and body language to better reflect your power and command the attention you deserve.
- How to use the power of the Triple A’s (Action, Attitude, Authenticity and Accountability) to help you stay the course and go after what you need.
THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS SMALL TALK—BEYOND “HIT AND RUN” NETWORKING.
Research proves that we make a lasting first impression in less than five seconds—so why not make it a positive one? This training is designed to help participants make the most out of networking events and those chance meetings in elevators with potential business partners. Training participants learn techniques to help them network with greater skill, joy and authenticity, so that the seeds of business relationships are effectively planted for later cultivation.
- Tools and techniques to help you breathe, relax and be truly “present.”
- Proper listening and speaking techniques to help both you and your partner feel seen and heard.
- Tips and techniques to spark a conversation and keep it going.
- A new approach to creating and delivering your “30 second commercial” or “elevator speech” that will catalyze a conversation instead of ending one.